2022 – 2023 Officers and Directors of Special Health Resources for Texas, Inc.
As a non profit corporation, Special Health Resources for Texas is governed by a volunteer board of directors. As directors, the board must:
- Hire and regularly evaluate the performance of the Chief Executive Officer
- Meet monthly to approve major expenditures, authorize contracts and grant applications, review financial and programmatic performance
- Approve the organizations annual budget
- Develop the organizations strategic plan, in collaboration with management
- Assist in fund raising and building community awareness and support our efforts on behalf of the under served
The board does all of this without any compensation. We very gratefully acknowledge their selfless contribution to this organization and to the people we serve.
WE ARE SEEKING APPLICATIONS FOR OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE LOCATED IN TYLER, LONGVIEW, JACKSONVILLE AND PARIS.
The Board terms are for three years initially, and members can be re-evaluated and voted on at the end of each term. Board meetings take place every month and attendance and participation is expected of all members. In addition, each Board member will serve on at least two committees and meet monthly for a time commitment of at least 4 hours per month.
- Participate in Board activities to determine future directions and strategic priorities.
- Participate in raising funds to support the center's activities.
- Assume authority and oversight responsibility for the Center.
- Approve selection and ongoing evaluation of Chief Executive Officer.
- Provide policy-level leadership monitoring and evaluation of the Center's performance.
- Approve the services provided by and hours of operation of the Center.
- Approve Health Resources & Service Administration (HRSA) grant application and annual budget.
- Approve the sliding-fee schedule for participant payment.
- Establish general policy for the Center.
Ideal candidates meet criteria established to ensure a diverse and skilled governing Board. Ideal candidates also demonstrate commitment, transferable skills and experience, and familiarity with the organization and the communities we serve.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org